The call for Kieran’s 2021 Ward Fund is now CLOSED.
Cllr Kieran McCarthy is calling on any community groups based in the south east ward of Cork City, which includes areas such as Ballinlough, Ballintemple, Blackrock, Mahon, Douglas, Donnybrook, Maryborough, Rochestown, Mount Oval and Moneygourney with an interest in sharing in his 2021 ward funding to apply for his funds.
A total of E.11,000 is available to community groups through Cllr Kieran McCarthy’s ward funds. In general, contributions to groups range between e.150 to e.250 or slightly more depending on the project.
Application should be made via email to Kieran at firstname.lastname@example.org or via letter (Richmond Villa, Douglas Road) by Friday 5 February 2021.
This email should give the name of the organisation, contact name, contact address, contact email, contact telephone number, details of the organisation, and what will the ward grant will be used for?
- Ward funds will be prioritised to community groups based in the south east ward or the south east local electoral area of Cork City who build community capacity, educate, build civic awareness and projects, which connect the young and old.
- Cllr McCarthy especially welcomes proposals where the funding will be used to run a community event (as per Covid guidelines), digital included, and that benefit the wider community.
- Cllr McCarthy is seeking to fund projects that give people new skill sets. That could include anything from part funding of coaching training for sports projects to groups interested in bringing forward enterprise programmes to encourage entrepreneurship to the ward.
- Cllr McCarthy is particularly interested in funding community projects such as community environment projects such as tree planting and projects that that promote the rich history and environment within the south east of Cork City.
- Cllr McCarthy especially welcomes proposals where the funding will be used to run a community event (as per COVID guidelines) that benefits the wider community. In addition, he is seeking to fund projects that give people new skill sets. That could include anything from part funding of coaching training for sports projects to groups interested in bringing enterprise programmes to encourage entrepreneurship to the ward.
- Cllr McCarthy is also particularly interested in funding community projects such as community environment projects such as tree planting, community concerts, and projects those that promote the rich history and environment within the south east ward.
- Cllr McCarthy publishes a list of his ward fund allocations each year on this page.
Kieran’s Ward Funds 2020 Allocations:
|Ballinlough Summer Festival||400|
|Lee Rowing Club||200|
|Blackrock Scout Group||200|
|Coal Quay Shawlies||150|
|Sundays Well Swimming Club||200|
|Endsleigh Estate Residents Association||200|
|Our Lady of Lourdes NS||250|
|St Anthonys BNS||300|
|Mahon Family Resource Centre||200|
|Ursulines Secondary School||300|
|Marian Park Grotto & Grass Cutting Committee||150|
|Tramore Athletic Football Club||150|
|Mahon Social Inclusion Project||150|
|Mahon Age Link||150|
|St Michaels Bowls Club||150|
|City of Cork Male Voice Choir||150|
|Turners Cross Mens Retirement Club||100|
|Blackrock Rowing Club||200|
|Blackrock Playground Project||400|
|Ballinlough Scout Group||250|
|Douglas Young at Heart||200|
|Beaumont Residents Association||200|
|Middle Parish & Coal Quay Historical Society||100|
|Olde Ballinlough Faery Trail||400|
|Cork Gay Community Development Co||200|
|Douglas Tidy Towns||400|
|Shandon Street Festival||150|
|Blackrock Community Association||350|
|Rising Sun School of Karate||200|
|Old Cork Waterworks/Lifetime Lab||250|
|Cork Nature Network||150|
|Knockrea Residents Association||200|
|Rockies Bowls Club||150|
|St Michaels Football Club||200|
|Mahon Bowls Club||150|
|Mahon Retired Residents Association||200|
|Ballinlough Summer Scheme||400|
|Ballinlough Community Association||250|
|Mahon Action for Older People||150|
|The Marina Melodies Choir||150|
|Yorkboro Resident’s Association||316.66|
|Our Lady of Lourdes||150|
|Retired Peoples Network||200|
|Mahon Kids Club||200|
|The Borough Residents Association||200|
Spent e.10916.66 of e.11,000