The National Transport Authority (NTA) has today launched a second round of public consultation for the Cork Bus Network Redesign, which forms a key part of the overall BusConnects Cork Programme. This round of public consultation will be on the BusConnects Cork Draft New Bus Network.
In July 2021, the NTA held an initial public consultation on BusConnects Cork. The survey style consultation gave the people of Cork the opportunity to help shape a new bus network by providing views on a how a new network would best service everyone. There was almost 1200 responses to the survey and many more engagements.
These responses informed the design of a Draft New Bus Network for the Cork Metropolitan Area, which will now be published for review and feedback. Under the proposals contained in the new Draft Network Report, the level of bus services in Cork will increase by 36% with shorter waits and more direct routes for commuters within the city. 34% more people will live close to a frequent service.
The consultation period for the BusConnects Cork Draft New Bus Network will run from Tuesday 2 November to Friday 10 December 2021. This consultation will take place online, allowing the public to provide their views on the amended bus network proposals.
Information on the following can now be found on the website www.busconnects.ie/busconnects-cork:
· Draft New Bus Network Report – Available in English, Irish and accessible PDF.
· 7 Local Area Booklets –Available on the website and will be delivered to over 160,000 premises in the coming weeks.
· Public Information Campaign – This will be ran for six weeks across all local media outlets.
· Interactive Online Map – Learn how people can use the proposed services and routes.
· Online Information Events – Virtual public meetings will take place via Zoom on Wednesday 17th November (@6.30pm), Wednesday 24th November (@1.30pm) and Tuesday 30th November (@6.30pm). Additional virtual events may be scheduled subject to interest. Further details as well as registration links can be found on our website.
· Online Feedback Form – The consultation portal is available on our website and submissions can be made there.