Cork City Council through its Sports Capital Grant Scheme seeks to assist local voluntary sporting organisations in developing and enhancing sports and physical recreation facilities throughout the City. The scheme is aimed at providing grant aid to projects that are directly related to enhancing facilities and must be of a capital nature.
The scheme is not intended as an alternative to any Department Sports Capital Grant Scheme or other sources of funding, but will complement any such scheme, possibly helping with local contributions to satisfy criteria of other funding agencies, or assisting with funding where certain works are not covered by other grant schemes.
A sum of € 270 k has been provided for the Scheme in 2019.
Minor Sports Grants (Under 5k)
This Scheme will allow for minor capital grants towards enhancement of premises, pitches etc., as well as allowing for the purchase of non personal sports equipment that will be used for at least five years.
Major Sports Grants (€5k – €10k)
This Scheme will allow for capital grants to develop sport and active recreation facilities throughout the City
Conditions of the Grant Scheme:
• Grant applications
The grant application must be from a local sporting organisation.
• The grant applicant must be located within the City Boundary or provide evidence that the majority of those using the facility live within the City area as of Jan 1st 2019.
• The grant application form must be completed in full with supporting estimates/quotations attached.
• The applicant must have title to the property which they are enhancing, have a licence or lease greater than 7 years or provide a letter of comfort from the landlord in relation to title.
(ii) Proposed Works
• Applicants must demonstrate that the proposed works meet a sporting need in the area and are of a capital nature.
• Provide costings and time line for project.
• Provide evidence of any other funding, evidence of own funding and copy of previous two years accounts.
• Undertake to refund the City Council for any grant given if the facility changes use or ceases to operate.
• An acknowledgement sign may be required to be erected where appropriate.
How to apply:
Applications forms are available from the Recreation & Sport Section , Cork City Council , City Hall Cork-.
T.:- 021- 4924729, E mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by downloading from the City Council’s website www.corkcity.ie/ Completed forms with all supporting documentation, addressed to the Administrative Officer, Recreation & Sports Section , must be returned before 5pm, 15 February 2019.